Life knocked me down these past couple weeks, but I’m slowly finding my way back. I look forward to catching up a bit on social media this weekend. I’ve missed seeing everyone’s projects. I’m sure I’ll be hearting a lot of posts and Instagram photos over the next few days.
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- Emma McKee is the hip-hop queen of cross-stitch.
- Designer Lucie Heaton recently made all of the cross-stitch motifs on her website completely free!
- I listen to a lot of podcasts (may do a post on that one day), so I appreciated this roundup of good literary podcasts from The Millions.
- The Just CrossStitch Halloween 2016 issue has been out for a little while, but I haven’t bought it yet. But, I’m starting to think about Halloween stitching…
- This poem by John O’Donoghue has been keeping me going this week.
Video of the Week
During periods of great stress, I turn to my comfort music, which is generally music I listened to when I was a teenager. Lots of indie British bands from the late 80s and early 90s. And then there are these guys — Spirit of the West, a Canadian Celtic-inspired folk rock band, because, why not?