Thank you to everyone for your kind comments about the stumpwork embroidery project. I really appreciate it!
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- Download more than 300 public domain knitting books from the Knitting Reference Library at the University of Southampton. That’ll keep you busy this winter.
- If you’re in the U.K., the Selvedge blog has some images of some stunning embroidery from the latest exhibit at the Royal School of Needlework at Hampton Court Palace.
- Trish Burr wrote an excellent post about embroidery fabric on her blog with specific recommendations for thread count for fine hand embroidery work.
- Fast Company goes behind the scenes at the Design Library which holds the world’s largest collection of pattern designs.
- Enjoy this collection of photos of cats using dogs as pillows. You’re welcome.
Video of the Week
Bob Dylan was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature this week.
Bonus video: While I was stitching and finishing my stumpwork embroidery piece last weekend, I watched at least three different films based on Jane Austen novels. Spoiler alert, but this final scene from Sense and Sensibility (1995) gets me every. time.