I read books. A lot of books. I’m a librarian, what else can I say? Every month I share what books I finished last month and what I’m reading now. I also love to hear what others are reading. Feel free to share your own reading lists in the comments.
Finished in November
- The Heretic’s Apprentice by Ellis Peters. Book #16 in the Brother Cadfael series. This one was okay, but not the most memorable story in the series.
- The Potter’s Field by Ellis Peters. Cadfael solves the mystery of the death of a woman whose body is found in field.
- Two Dogs and a Parrot: What Animals Can Teach Us About the Meaning of Life
by Joan Chittister. I read this for my church book club. I enjoyed the stories about her animal companions, but the “moral lessons” for each story were a little strained.
- The Summer of the Danes by Ellis Peters. I had to force myself to finish this one. I think I got burnt out on Cadfael. This entry in the series was light on mystery and heavy on obscure Welsh history.
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery. This book has been sitting on my to-read pile for years. I’m so glad I finally read it. It was wonderful.
What I’m Reading Now
- The Name of God is Mercy by Pope Francis. This is the December book for my church book club. Our meeting is Thursday, so I should hurry up and finish it! Fortunately, it is very short.
I’m taking a break from the Cadfael series. I probably will not finish it this year even though I only have 3 books left in the series. I just need a break.
I’m also thinking about what I might want to read next year. I’m sure Goodreads will start allowing people to set 2017 reading challenges any day now.
What books are you recommending these days?