Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, art, and book news from around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- A look at artists who are painting and adding adding embroidery to teabags.
- The Spruce has a free embroidery pattern to stitch a mushroom mandala. Cute.
- Sweet profile of a Washington State resident, Eric Miller, who has stitched portraits of all of his children in cross-stitch.
- The NY Times asks, “What’s the Right Age to Read a Book?“
- Kate Kato makes some wonderful paper sculptures inspired by nature.
Video of the Week
I don’t know what this says about my sense of humor, but I own all three Trip films with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon, and I cannot get tired of watching them. Here’s a clip from the most recent The Trip to Spain.