Every week I post a round-up of needlework, art, and book news from around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- Ah, these are so pretty! Embroidery artist Vera Shimunia “paints” color landscapes with needle and thread.
- Can’t make it to the British Library for the Harry Potter exhibit? Now you can visit “Harry Potter: A History of Magic” virtually thanks to Google.
- If you’re a bookworm who also loves paper planners, Little Coffee Fox has some neat ideas for tracking your reading habits.
- The Artstor blog looks at the enduring significance of the quilts of Harriet Powers.
- This University of Chicago medical student knits anatomy study aids for his fellow classmates. Knitted kidneys, anyone?
- “Jerry and Marge Go Large” is a fascinating article about people who hack state lottery systems to win big money. CRAZY story.
Video of the Week
With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, March is the month for luck, so here is a classic “lucky” song.