I’m back this week with another Friday Finds, my weekly round-up of needlework, art, and book news from around the web.
I’ve been going through a stressful period recently, which has taken a toll on my health and my personal time for stitching or anything else, but I’m trying to pull myself out of this funk and reclaim my time. So, here we go…
Here are this week’s links:
- New York Magazine says embroidery is “the new status craft.”
- Sometimes I get stuck in a reading rut. If you want to break out and try a new genre, this article in the Wall Street Journal has some tips and suggested books for creating new reading habits.
- “For the first time since it debuted in 2016, the entire National Parks quilt exhibit will be on display in Illinois…at four Forest Preserve District of Will County locations.” YAY! This is right near me. I’m totally going.
- Artist Windy Chien tied a different knot every day for a year. Interesting project.
- A street vendor in Vietnam dresses his cat in little outfits, and the photos are hysterically funny.
Video of the Week