I managed to do a fair amount of stitching this past week which makes me happy because I feel like I’m getting back into the groove of stitching as a habit again. I lost my desire–and even ability, during some stretches–to stitch for a couple years, so stitching again makes me happy because it feels like a return to normalcy. And, couldn’t we all use a bit of normalcy in our lives right now?
Spring semester starts this week, so I hope I don’t get so busy that my hobbies don’t languish again until summer. Keeping my fingers crossed for now.
But, I made some real progress on the Belle and Boo “Windy Day” cross-stitch pattern. Pardon all the fold marks in the fabric. You can see how I abuse my projects while stitching, lol.
I finished Boo the rabbit, including all the backstitching. Then I started on the leaves blowing in front of the figures. I will likely finish those off, including backstitching, and then finish Belle last. Most of the backstitch details in the piece are in Belle’s hat and hair, so I may start with her boots and work my way up, leaving the most difficult bits for last.
I’m excited because I started this project 2 1/2 years ago, and the end is finally in sight!
I haven’t done a links roundup in a long time, so here are a few things I found interesting recently:
- I’m obsessed with washi tape, so I loved the creative suggestions in this article: 31 Ideas to Use Washi Tape
- Rosa Andreeva embroiders dense gardens “complete with tufts of moss, floating pollen, and cracked teacups made of silk.”
- Looking for a crafty challenge? Join the #100dayproject which starts on January 31.
- Learn how to make your own mini embroidered pendant necklace.
- You can browse thousands of free vintage cookbooks online.