Findings is my weekly roundup of links about art, needlework and literature from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- Lizzie Kate takes us on a tour of Picture This Plus. I love seeing behind the scenes to see how they dye their fabric.
- Janet Perry has some tips for creating your own samplers and quotes for stitching.
- Jller is a machine that examines and sorts river rocks by their geologic age. That might not sound exciting, but watching it in action is mesmerizing.
- Embroidery artist extraordinaire, Trish Burr, has a new handbook and two new kits available.
- It’s fascinating to read someone trying to explain cross-stitch to people who may have no idea what cross-stitch is.
Video of the Week
“This is what it sounds like when 1999 people pay tribute to Prince and sing ‘When Doves Cry.'” I’ve kind of become obsessed with Choir! Choir! Choir! on YouTube.
Loved reading about Lizzie Kate visiting Picture This Plus. Thanks for the link :)
Thanks! And, this week she posted about going to Weeks Dye Works! You can bet I’m linking to that on Friday. :)
I will look forward to reading about that trip, too ;)