What? Can you believe we’re already halfway through September? The weeks are just flying by.
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- I am mesmerized by these landscape paintings by Evgeny Lushpin. They have a dreamy, haunting feel to them. When I saw them, I thought ‘these would make great cross-stitch patterns for Heaven & Earth Designs’ — but they already beat me to it!
- Lissanne at Lissanne Creations has an unusual storage solution for her embroidery floss. I’ve never seen this before! Interesting idea…
- SewandSo UK has a tutorial for making a stitched linen gift bag.
- About.com recommends “10 Embroidery Accounts You Should Follow on Instagram.” Done and done.
- Can you believe these are embroidered?! Sarah J. Perry stitches incredibly intricate 3D stitched birds that she calls “faux taxidermy.”
- Random Acts of Amy reminds us that you can find all kinds of stitching and craft books at your local library. I’m a librarian, too, and sometimes even I forget this.
Video of the Week
“Soy Yo” by Bomba Estéreo. The girl in this video is hilarious and awesome. “Soy yo” translates as “It’s me.” It is a positive, upbeat song about just being yourself.
Omg those cross stitch paintings are amazing! I might have to get out the embroidery hoop and start stitching again just long enough to make one of these. It’s been awhile and I’m sure my skills are a bit rusty.
Haha. Heaven & Earth Designs patterns are addicting, but they are not for the faint of heart. They are HUGE projects and very detailed. I started one and gave up after the first page.