Happy Friday. Time for another “Findings” post.
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- Kathy at The Unbroken Thread is working on a stunning goldwork piece.
- The Copper Fox shares her wonderful basket filled with autumn and Halloween stitches.
- Thanks to the new National Museum of African American History and Culture, people are rediscovering Ann Lowe, the fashion designer who made Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy’s wedding gown.
- I may have posted about this before, but the V&A Museum in London has a stunning exhibit going on right now: Opus Anglicanum: Masterpieces of English Medieval Embroidery.
- Quilt fabric designer Tammie Bennett shares 8 compelling reasons to draw every day.
- Finally, Entertainment Weekly recommends 31 spooky books to read this Halloween.
Video of the Week
Yay, a new Simon’s Cat video was posted this week! So cute.