Some day I will find time to blog more than twice a week, but this is not that week.
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- You can now get needleminders inspired by Lizzie Kate cross-stitch patterns. Cute! [via]
- Belinda Karls-Nace of Blue Ribbon Designs has a free tutorial on the AccuQuilt blog for making sweet Pumpkin Patch Placemats. [via]
- I’ve never done this, but I’ve considered it: binding your embroidery hoop for even fabric tension.
- Lolli and Grace shares how she organizes her embroidery threads.
- Terrible story: nine art quilts were stolen from a Vancouver church. The quilts were part of an exhibit. I hope they catch these jerks.
- President Obama shares his 10 essential reads with Wired magazine, and it is a very interesting book list.
Video of the Week
A couple of years ago I read illustrator Roz Chast’s graphic memoir Can’t We Talk About Something More Pleasant?, which is an amazing book, so I really enjoyed this brief profile of Chast: