Sometimes I spend time searching for things to post. Other weeks, this post writes itself. This was one of the good weeks. :)
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- Love this sweet story: “Passion for father-son’s firefighting captured in cross stitch”
Excuse me, I have something in my eye.
- DMC is offering free shipping on their website for the month of November. Woot! Time to stock up.
- The wonderful Mary Corbett shares her favorite embroidery books for beginners.
- Random Acts of Amy is doing a series of posts throughout the month called #thankstitching where embroiderers share what they are thankful for. Catch all of the posts so far here.
- I love seeing the tools artists use. Textile artist Corinne Young shares her favorite tools, including her grandmother’s thimble and Madeira threads.
- Actress Emma Watson is leaving books on the London underground.
- Entertainment Weekly shares a few books coming out this month, including a new memoir by Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher.
Video of the Week
World traveler and awful dancer Matt Harding just released a new video compiled from his latest trip around the globe. This man is building world peace one silly dance at a time and reminding us all of our shared humanity.