Yup, it’s Friday. Let’s do this.
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- The Art Gallery Fabrics blog has a tutorial for making a no-sew fabric Chirstmas tree.
- Too early for Christmas posts? How about this free Thanksgiving cross-stitch pattern from DMC? It could be customized lots of ways.
- Plum Street Samplers shared this free Thankgiving turkey cross-stitch pattern several years ago, but it’s still available (and very cute!).
- This is what a 3,000 year-old ball of yarn looks like. Cool.
- The New York Times shared 12 books to read in your 20s. Well, that’s long past for me, but I think they’d be pretty good reads at any time of life.
- Parker Palmer is always worth reading. His most recent column, “Our November Surprise: I Predicted the Winner,” is no different.
Video of the Week
We lost another great musician this week. RIP Leonard Cohen.
Loved the article on the 3,000 year old yarn! So amazing.