Yup, it’s Friday. Let’s do this.
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- The Art Gallery Fabrics blog has a tutorial for making a no-sew fabric Chirstmas tree.
- Too early for Christmas posts? How about this free Thanksgiving cross-stitch pattern from DMC? It could be customized lots of ways.
- Plum Street Samplers shared this free Thankgiving turkey cross-stitch pattern several years ago, but it’s still available (and very cute!).
- This is what a 3,000 year-old ball of yarn looks like. Cool.
- The New York Times shared 12 books to read in your 20s. Well, that’s long past for me, but I think they’d be pretty good reads at any time of life.
- Parker Palmer is always worth reading. His most recent column, “Our November Surprise: I Predicted the Winner,” is no different.
Video of the Week
We lost another great musician this week. RIP Leonard Cohen.