Hope my U.S. readers had a lovely Thanksgiving. I took a little break, but I’m back. I haven’t done much sewing, but I’ve been reading books like crazy. But, I plan to have some stitchy progress to show soon.
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- Locals recommend the best books to read in 12 cities around the world.
- An easy way to sharpen scissors at home. Did not know this, but I’m totally going to try it.
- Ooo, these would make great gifts this holiday season. Textile Artist features their favorite textile printing books.
- I loved this list of top 6 daily drawing tips. I’d really like to cultivate a daily drawing habit, and these tips are very common sense and practical.
- The Selvedge blog has a tutorial for making a lovely felt stocking.
- Here’s a pleasant way to spend the weekend: browse this archive of 50 catalogues of antique samplers and needlework from M. Finkel & Daughter. Wow, this is an amazing resource if you love historical needlework.
Video of the Week
OK Go, the band/performance art group release another music video, proving yet again that the music video as an art form is still not dead yet. It doesn’t hurt that their music isn’t bad either. :)