This weekend I will be signing and addressing Christmas cards. I’ve also got to make a gift list and start some shopping. Since I do most of my shopping online these days, I’ve got to order soon if I want to receive things in time!
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- It’s that time of year again — the “best of” lists are starting to appear. The New York Times picks their 100 Notable Books for 2016 and their 10 Best Books of 2016.
- It’s also the time of year for gift guides. The Millions has a gift guide for the book lovers in your life.
- DMC has a new free winter-themed embroidery pattern on their site. Although it was designed to be stitched on their new stitchable mesh fabric, I think it would work well on any fabric.
- Colossal alerted me to these whimsical scenes illustrated on vintage sheet music.
- Gracewood Stitches has posted a free pattern on her blog called “Amazed” inspired by English garden mazes.
Video of the Week
I should preface by saying that I have not seen “Hamilton” the musical, nor have I ever even listened to the soundtrack, but I have a bit of a crush on composer/actor/creator Lin-Manuel Miranda regardless, and this video of his family reenacting “Do Re Mi” from the “Sound of Music” is too adorable for words.