It’s been a long week, and it’s not over yet. I’m trying to take care of myself and do as little as possible this weekend.
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- It’s note very day that you see an article about knitting in the New York Times.
- Stitching Lotus is hosting a Smalls SAL for 2017. If you’re looking for a stitchy challenge, find out more and sign up.
- Colossal features a “paint splotch embroidery” clothing collection, a collaboration by designer Olya Glagoleva and artist Lisa Smirnova.
- I love this guide to the best books of 2016 from NPR. It features over 300 titles! Great if you’re still looking for gifts for any booklovers on your list.
- More end-of-the-year best book lists: 10 Best Books of 2016 from NPR, the best young adult books of 2016 from Paste Magazine, and the best books picks from the Boston Globe.
Video of the Week
I’m still loving these “mannequin challenges.” This one from the New York Public Library is really charming. I love how they finished it, too.