Lots of stitchers I follow on Instagram have been sharing collages of all of the cross-stitch and other crafty projects they finished in 2016. I have never looked back at completed projects as part of a year-end review before, mostly because I have never been great about finishing things. I am a champion at starting projects that never get completed. But, I knew I had completed some stitching this past year, so these other stitchers inspired me to take a look. I was astonished at how many pieces I completed in 2016.
I am breaking this up into two posts. This post only looks at the cross-stitch, embroidery, and needlework projects that I completed by other designers. Part 2 will look at the designs I created and stitched in 2016 for Rabbit Girl Crafts on Etsy and a free pattern that I posted here on the blog.
- I could count this either as one piece or 8 separate stitches, but early in 2016 I stitched all eight of the “Vintage Eggs” motifs by Prairie Schooler.
Clockwise, from top left:
- I finished stitching “Anhinga Blues” by R.K. Portfolio, which was a minor accomplishment as this piece had been a UFO for several years. I’m so happy it’s in the “completed” pile now.
- This was the one non-stitching project I completed, even though it did involve threading the beads with needles, but I love how this wrap bracelet turned out.
- In 2016 I also led a little workshop for my embroidery guild on chicken scratch embroidery. I stitched this heart for the sample and finished it as a little pillow.
- I took this workshop with my guild where we got to experiment with DMC’s wire-wrapped Memory Thread. I completed my project and finished it as this decorative pillow.
Clockwise, from top left:
- I stitched this “Liberty Stars” counted canvas piece by From Nancy’s Needle over the summer. It was a challenge project for my embroidery guild, and I ended up winning a little prize for it.
- The stumpwork embroidery project was my toughest challenge this year. I nearly gave up on it numerous times, but I’m glad I stuck with it because the final piece is lovely.
- I stitched this “Grateful, Thankful, Blessed” cross-stitch piece by Lizzie Kate just in time for Thanksgiving.
- And, last, but not least, I stitched this ornament with a little church. It was a fun, quick stitch with a surprising amount of detail packed into a small space.
Stay tuned for Part 2!
What a lovely selection of finished projects! It’s always nice to see what we actually achieved in a year isn’t it?! I love your stumpwork piece. Can’t wait for the next part!
Aw, thank you! :) Yes, I’m so glad I looked back at what I had finished this past year.
So nice to see all your finished work for the past year! You’ve inspired me to do something similar :) looking forward to part 2!
Thank you, Emma! It was fun to go through all of my photos from the past year and pull out all of the finishes.
You have done so well Alice. Little church is lovely.
Thank you!! :)
Great finishes! You should be proud of yourself for having so many beautiful finishes.
Thank you so much!
Pingback: 2016 Finishes — Year in Review, Part 2 | Rabbit Girl Crafts
Read this in wrong order! But can’t believe how much you have got done this year!! Well done they all look fantastic!
Thanks so much! :)