Hey, I’ve survived the first week of the spring semester at work. Huzzah!
Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- Here is a finishing idea I have not tried yet — Janet Perry has some tips for turning your stitched pieces into bookweights.
- Colossal features some creepy embroidered spiders by Adam Pritchett. Eww.
- This altar cloth found in a rural English church may have once been part of a dress worn by Queen Elizabeth I.
- Anne Marie at Gen X Quilters shows off her hoop quilt, and it is stunning.
- Author Paul Auster talks to the NY Times about the books on his nightstand and what he’s reading now.
Video of the Week
This tribute to “Singin’ in the Rain” is so much fun. I feel like an old geezer for saying this, but it’s heartwarming to see young people still tap dancing. Also, the outtakes at the end are great. Jumping onto that couch isn’t as easy as it looks!