Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- Book Riot shares a list of 100 Must-Read Non-Fiction Adventure Books. So many great suggestions on this list!
- The celebrated children’s book author and writer of two wonderful and creative memoirs Amy Krouse Rosenthal passed away on Monday. Maria Popova shares some memories of Amy.
- I love coming across articles about cross-stitching in the mainstream news media, and this feature story from the Poughkeepsie Journal is so sweet: “Cross-stitching weaves new friendships.”
- I am guilty of feeling like I need to fill every spare minute. This may have been the most important thing I read this week: Enjoy the break.
- Goodreads shares “20 Problems Only Booklovers Understand.” I related to almost all of these.
- South Korean artist Me Kyeoung Lee creates gorgeous, detailed drawings of local convenience stores.
Video of the Week
One of the quirky things that my husband and I share is our mutual love for Barry Manilow. Yes, he wrote a lot of cheesy pop songs, but his beautiful tenor voice is a joy to listen to. He’s going to be appearing in concert in Chicago in May, and we are very tempted…
I agree with you about Barry Manilow. He has a wonderful voice.
Sadly, Stuart is backing down from the concert idea, but now I really want to go! 😀😀