Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. And, yes, I’m still calling it Friday Finds, even though it’s Saturday evening as I finally post this!
Hey, work has been crazy recently. We have three open positions in the library–plus two more unfilled positions–which means more work for those of us left, and my days have been spent looking at resumes and doing interviews with candidates. So, I am completely wiped out, but I still have a fun set of links for this week!
Here are this week’s links:
- Sweet story about how an animal shelter volunteer plays matchmaker between her furry charges and those that adopt them.
- The Craft Industry Alliance has a fun round-up of crafty-themed murder mysteries.
- Real Simple claims to find the best bookstore in every state. This could inspire an awesome roadtrip.
- Needle Knowledge shares a pattern and tutorial for a fun spring needlework cuff bracelet.
- I spent too much time today browsing the fun images at Things Organized Neatly.
- View a photo gallery of #LionelStitchie, a street embroidery project that features Lionel Richie hits embroidered on to discarded furniture. So weird and random.
Video of the Week
When I’m really stressed, I turn to what I call my “comfort music.” This is usually music I listened to in high school and college. So, I pulled out the Jesus Jones this week and jammed like it was 1991.