Every week I share a round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- Mollie Makes has a new special issue dedicated to embroidery.
- Interesting that while at least two cross-stitch magazines have ceased publication in the last year, Mr. XStitch is launching a new cross-stitch magazine.
- Meanwhile, the Guardian reports that interest in the needle arts may be on the rise again.
- Love this collection of photos of shop cats of New York.
- Lovely profile of an Indiana woman and her needlepoint.
- Samplers and Santas has a sweet free alphabet sampler chart.
I was working late all this week. This past week was the last week of classes for the spring semester, and this coming week is finals week. The library has extended hours both weeks, and I drew the short straw again and had to work until 9pm. My normal routine was thrown off, and I got very little done this past week. Hope I can find my energy again soon.
Video of the Week
I’m not a designer purse kind of person, but this Louis Vuitton Steamer Trunk from the late 19th century is pretty amazing.