Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, art, and book news from around the web.
Can you believe we made it to 2018? Seriously, where does the time go?
Here are this week’s links:
- “Finding Creative Activities that Save Us” is about how our creative hobbies also form the basis of good self-care.
- “Embroidery not just a craft anymore, it’s an art form” is a nice profile of a Texas needlework shop.
- I finished a chicken scratch embroidery project not long ago. Here is a free bookmark project with a tutorial that I missed then.
- Ah, I love this list. TED put together this lovely list of “70 Books to Make You Feel More Hopeful.” Each book is paired with a related TED talk, too, which is neat.
- Artist Arounna Khounnoraj transforms delicate watercolor paintings into punchneedle embroidery.
Video of the Week
January is often a month for new beginnings and fresh starts. This song is the anthem for new beginnings.