Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, art, and book news from around the web.
Still very little stitching going on here. I miss it. A lot. I need to carve out some time for myself. I just requested a couple of days off during the university’s spring break in the first week of March. I am hoping it will be a few days at home to read, sew, and make stuff.
In the meantime, here are this week’s links:
- Easily the biggest needlework news this week is that Linda of Lizzie*Kate announced her retirement. So many stitchers freaked out that she had to post an update letting people know that she’s not running out of stock any time soon.
- This is Colossal links to a short video interview with embroidery portrait artist Cayce Zavaglia.
- Good tips for keeping your creativity alive while working a traditional 9-5 job.
- The New York Times featured a fun gallery of vintage Valentines from the Huntington Library this week.
- Interesting, colorful, and kind of disturbing…Check out the work of Mexican street artist Victoria Villasana which combines portraiture and embroidery.
- Averyclaire has released a new French boutis pattern and kit for a lovely zippered bag. I’m still working on my scissors case…
Video of the Week
This was a song that my husband selected for our wedding playlist. Awwwww.