This week I finished stitching the last egg in the Vintage Eggs series by The Prairie Schooler. I still need to transform them into ornaments, but all eight eggs are now stitched. Here is the final completed egg:
Now I have eight stitched eggs I need to finish as ornaments. I bought some backing fabric for them a few weeks ago at my local quilt shop. (Fat quarters are awesome for finishing small stitched items.) I’m not sure how much I will get done this weekend. It depends on how I feel about measuring and cutting all the mat board backing pieces. I would like to wash the stitched eggs, too, before I finish them. I usually give my pieces a good rinse with some Orvus quilt soap before I finish them or frame them.
I have a few projects in mind for my next stitching project. I could start some more smalls. I also have some older WIPs I could try to finish. And, I have a model I could stitch for an original pattern I’ve been working on. So, we’ll see. I might start some kind of rotation and pick a couple things to work on.
Thanks for reading!