Findings is my weekly round-up of links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- In 2008 a della Robbia angel fell off the wall in the Metropolitan Museum of Art and shattered. The New York Times has the fascinating story of the long road of restoration and what the conservators learned in the process.
- The International Quilt Festival is going on now in Rosemont, IL. Huge list of exhibitors and classes.
- Wish I could see this exhibit — Corita Kent and the Language of Pop at the San Antonio Museum of Art. Never heard of Corita Kent? CBS News has more about her and her artistic legacy.
- A new Shakespeare First Folio may have been found.
- I love these miniature book charm pendants. It’s almost impossible to pick a favorite.
- The rainbow wheel of death has something to teach us. Heh.
Video of the Week
Gah, this one is a tearjerker, but so worth it. “House On Little Cubes (Tsumiki No Ie)” won the Oscar for Best Animated Short in 2009.