Findings is my weekly roundup of links about art, embroidery, textiles, books and more from my wanderings around the internet. Here are this week’s links:
- Want to organize your embroidery threads for a project? DIY Mom has a tutorial for sewing your own thread book.
- Aboriginal artist Loongkoonan took up painting in her nineties, proving it is never, ever too late to start.
- Flamingo Toes has a great roundup of 26 free embroidery patterns.
- Dan Levin cuts away layers from a deck of cards, transforming them into works of art.
- Samplers and Santas shares a tip about using muslin to stabilize fine embroidery work. Neat!
- This 3D stumpwork garden by Kay Dennis is AMAZING.
- And, last but not least, the Cotsen Children’s Library shares this very rare 1877 edition of Alice in Wonderland with a marvelous fore-edge painting.
Video of the Week
Because sometimes we need a little push to get over our fears…