Shakespeare has been in the news a lot recently. The 400th anniversary of his death in 1616 was commemorated on April 23. I was thinking about doing a roundup of spring patterns this week, but then I thought it would be more fun to find cross-stitch patterns inspired by Shakespeare instead.
I have some ideas for my own Shakespearean cross-stitch patterns, but there are some good ones already available. Here are just a few:
In the image above:
- Left: “Shakespeare” by Bothy Threads
- Top Right: “William Shakespeare Mini Cushion” by Sheena Rogers Designs
- Top Image: “Shakespeare’s Fairies” by Mirabilia
- Bottom Left: “Good in Everything” by Rosewood Manor
- Bottom Right: “I Like This Place” by Barbara Ana Designs
Finally, I also have to mention “Shakespearean Fantasy” by James Christensen for Heaven and Earth Designs–an astounding work of art, and the tiny photo on the website does not do it justice.
I love the variety in these patterns. They are each so different from each other yet they are inspired by the same writer. Did I miss any other favorite Shakespearean cross-stitch patterns?