I have a couple of things to share this week. First, I finished stitching my original Alice in Wonderland cross-stitch pattern, which I am calling “The Raven and the Writing Desk.”
I finished it in the hoop for a nice, simple finish. I’m really happy with how it turned out even though I agonizing over the elements in this design. I lost track of how many times I reworked that teacup. Finally, I got to a point where I knew I would just mess it up if I continued to tinker with it, so I had to let it go and declare it finished.
I am already working on another “Alice in Wonderland”-inspired cross-stitch design. I may share some rough sketches and work-in-progress next week.
In other news, I am plugging away at “Anhinga Blues.” Although I didn’t get a whole lot done this past week, I did finish doing the long stitches for the grasses and I completed the remaining two sandpipers on the right. Here is where it currently stands:
I’m just so glad I’m making some progress on this. It has been on my UFO pile for too long. I would love to see it finished.
Thanks for reading!