Can you believe it is July already? Where does the time go? But, it’s also Friday, so I have a bunch of new links to stories, tutorials, comics and more about cross-stitch, embroidery, art and books. Here are this week’s links:
- Mollie Johanson is at it again with a great round-up of sewing tutorials for making organizers for your embroidery tools and projects.
- “Do you like to draw with crayons?” Austin Kleon has some great screenshots from a classic episode of Mister Rogers and a link to the original episode on pbskids.org.
- Janet Perry at Nuts About Needlepoint has some tips for turning your finished work into a small pillow.
- You rarely see embroidery featured in the traditional press, so I really enjoyed seeing this short article about the Winnipeg Embroiderers’ Guild and their participation in the Scottish Diaspora Tapestry.
- How book-lovers spend their summer vacations. Fellow readers will relate to this comic from Incidental Comics.
- If you grew up in the 1980s like I did, you may understand my excitement that Lisa Frank has published an adult coloring book.
- I am so in love with these miniature stitched altered books created by Maya Matthews at Million Little Stitches.
- Random Acts of Amy has finished her Sea Captain embroidery project. He turned out so great! I love that she shares that it took her 6 months to complete him. Yes, embroidery is a sloooow craft.
Video of the Week
Not quite sure what’s going on with this video, but “Handclap” by Fitz and the Tantrums is pretty much my official summer 2016 anthem.
Love that song! I’ve had that song on repeat for the longest time.
I love being at a red light when the song comes on the radio so I can clap along. 😄😄
Haha, that sounds awesome! Can’t help but clap to the catchy beat :D