Can you believe it is July already? Where does the time go? But, it’s also Friday, so I have a bunch of new links to stories, tutorials, comics and more about cross-stitch, embroidery, art and books. Here are this week’s links:
- Mollie Johanson is at it again with a great round-up of sewing tutorials for making organizers for your embroidery tools and projects.
- “Do you like to draw with crayons?” Austin Kleon has some great screenshots from a classic episode of Mister Rogers and a link to the original episode on pbskids.org.
- Janet Perry at Nuts About Needlepoint has some tips for turning your finished work into a small pillow.
- You rarely see embroidery featured in the traditional press, so I really enjoyed seeing this short article about the Winnipeg Embroiderers’ Guild and their participation in the Scottish Diaspora Tapestry.
- How book-lovers spend their summer vacations. Fellow readers will relate to this comic from Incidental Comics.
- If you grew up in the 1980s like I did, you may understand my excitement that Lisa Frank has published an adult coloring book.
- I am so in love with these miniature stitched altered books created by Maya Matthews at Million Little Stitches.
- Random Acts of Amy has finished her Sea Captain embroidery project. He turned out so great! I love that she shares that it took her 6 months to complete him. Yes, embroidery is a sloooow craft.
Video of the Week
Not quite sure what’s going on with this video, but “Handclap” by Fitz and the Tantrums is pretty much my official summer 2016 anthem.