Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, art and literature links from my wanderings around the web each week. Here are this week’s links:
- 7 science-backed reasons you should make art, even if you’re bad at it
- Artist Carmen Herrera has been making art for 50 years and is finally getting some public recognition at age 101. Better late than never!
- Frances Pickering makes beautiful artist books using textiles and embroidery. Be sure to click through some of the galleries of photos on her site.
- View a collection of magical photographs of fireflies from Japan. Wow.
- In case you don’t have enough books in your to-read pile, The Week has a selection of 12 novels to read this summer and 8 non-fiction books that should keep you busy.
- These needle felted, embroidered bird brooches by Etsy seller cOnieco are stunning!
Video of the Week
This animated short is so charming, you nearly forget it’s an ad for Chipotle of all things.