Findings is my weekly round-up of links to needlearts, textiles, books and other news from my wanderings around the web each week. Here are this week’s links:
- Textile Artist has an interview with Ann Brauer who makes beautiful quilted abstract landscapes.
- Emma Mattson embroiderers designs that look like mosses from a fantasy forest.
- This was one of favorite stories of the week: “Woman marries Twitter bookshop crush.”
- I saw some of Anne Brooke’s textile art on Facebook and fell in love. I love her nature-inspired work with its muted color palette.
- I also got lost this week swooning over the embroidery art of Yolanda Andres. Don’t miss her embroidered portraits.
- Sharon Salzberg makes the connection between kindness and mindfulness: “A New Vision of Kindness Starts with Paying Attention“
Video of the Week
Little known fact: Although I am indifferent to sports generally, I am crazy about the Olympics. This promo for the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio is pure awesome from beginning to end.