Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- In my last post I mentioned that I picked up an online class at Craftsy for just $19.99. Now, thanks to the folks at Colossal, so can you. But, the deal is only good through the end of today (8/26). [Tip: Colossal has these deals about every other month, so if you miss this one, there will be other chances.]
- About.com has a new ribbon embroidery tutorial — yet another technique I have never tried.
- Good Housekeeping has a massive gallery for the most popular book the year you were born. I thought for sure I would get something by James Michener, but it was Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow.
- With classes starting on Monday, it feels like summer is over, but I still can’t resist good book recommendations. NPR asked a bunch of book sellers to select their picks for summer reading.
- Zack Mclaughlin makes the most amazing and realistic bird sculptures from paper and wood.
Video of the Week
As soon as I saw it, I knew this was going to be the video of the week.