My reading slowed down in August. I only finished two books. That’s okay. Here’s what I finished:
- Every Man for Himself by Beryl Bainbridge. A haunting novel about the sinking of the Titanic.
- Adulthood is a Myth by Sarah Andersen. Okay, I devoured this slim collection of comics in less than an hour, but, oh my goodness, this book is terrific. Andersen brilliantly captures life as a contemporary young woman and introverted book-lovers of all ages.
What I’m Reading Now
- I nearly gave up on Becoming Wise by Krista Tippett because I just did not have the focus or concentration for it this month, but now I’m getting back into it again, and I will almost certainly finish it this month.
- I’ve started up reading the Cadfael mysteries again, and now I’m over 50 pages into The Pilgrim of Hate by Ellis Peters.
- I also picked up Grit: Passion, Perseverance, and the Science of Success by Angela Duckworth at my local public library a couple weeks ago. So far it is reminding me of Mindset by Carol Dweck, which I read in June.
What Are You Reading?
What books are your recommending lately? Tell me in the comments!