This week I am very grateful for this three-day weekend. Happy Labor Day!
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- Archaeologists in Russia have found the world’s oldest known needle. Our ancestors may have been stitching for 50,000 years.
- Random Acts of Amy has a great tutorial for using watercolors with embroidery.
- I love this free autumn leaves wreath embroidery pattern by Mollie Johanson for About.com.
- Our secret is out: The Boston Globe has discovered that we like to knit, crochet, and stitch while we binge-watch shows on Netflix.
- Check out this tutorial for making a super cute embroidered pencil case.
- These enamel pins inspired by classic books are so great. How can I just choose one?
Video of the Week
Hail and farewell to the incomparable Gene Wilder.