This is becoming the project that will never end. I am beginning to resent it. I am tempted to put it away for a while, but I also want to finish it…We shall see if I make any progress over the next week.
I did finish all five petals:
I won’t cut them off the fabric until I am ready to place them, but I am glad I finished stitching them. They turned out okay, too.
I also lightly transferred the background design onto my other fabric, and I pulled the threads recommended in the pattern for stitching the background leaves and branches.
You can tell by the scale of the floss skeins what a tiny deign this is. It is only about 2 1/2-3 inches wide.
The pattern calls for 5 different shades of green. I am not sure I’m going to use them all. We’ll see.
Now I need to pull out my embroidery stitch dictionary and get to work on the background design. I don’t do enough hand embroidery to remember offhand how to work things like fly stitch, so my stitch dictionary is invaluable.
And, because I could not keep her off my desk while I was trying to take these photos, here is a bonus photo of my “assistant” Chi a second before she made off with the skein of brown thread:
You can see the blur in the photo as the skein is whisked away…Ah, life with kitty…
You’ve done very well with your petals and now they are finished, you’ll be able to relax with the easier sections of the pattern.
Thank you. :)
If I didn’t know better I would say Chi wants an embroidery project of her own.
Chi loves to play with string. Anytime I’m sewing you can hear me saying, “No, Chi. NO!” at some point… :D
Your stumpwork piece is looking great. It does look like a lot of work, so I can see where you would want to take a break.
Thank you ,and I’m happy to report that I did finally finish it. :)