Autumn is officially begun in the northern hemisphere. Happy Fall, y’all!
Findings is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. Here are this week’s links:
- Mary Ann at Just Stitching completed “His Eye is on the Sparrow” by Heartstring Samplery. It took her two years to complete it, and it is gorgeous.
- The cross-stitch page at Craftgossip found this tutorial for making cross-stitch luggage tags. Hmmm, this might be a good project for using up some of those orphan threads!
- Harry Potter fans — Pottermore now lets you discover your patronus. I took the quiz and got a Siberian Cat. :)
- Two different sites this week highlighted the work of artist Raquel Rodrigo who is decorating the streets of Madrid with large-scale floral cross-stitch designs.
- Elizabeth at Sew in Love finished a stunning hardanger piece and turned it into a lovely cushion.
- The National Book Foundation has release the longlists of finalists for the 2016 National Book Awards. Too many books, too little time!
Video of the Week
I’m selecting this video for the city of Venice, Italy because of its wonderful visuals and cinematography. Makes me wish I was there!Venezia from Oliver Astrologo on Vimeo.
Thank you for sharing Just stitching’s link. Her Eye on the Sparrow piece is amazing. I loved the Venezia video. Made me want to be there, too.