Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- UK magazine Cross-Stitch Collection published its last issue. I have (had) a subscription. Very sad to see it go.
- Diane Meyer alters photographs with cross-stich, and the results are kind of creepy.
- They may look like rugs, but they are really hyperrealistic paintings by Spanish artist Antonio Santin.
- Bored Panda has a gallery of photos of 100 artists in their studios — including everyone from Monet to Andy Warhol.
- The Craft Industry Alliance shares some interesting survey statistics that show more people are participating in creative hobbies in the U.S.
Video of the Week
This week I am enjoying this video of dancers from the NYC Ballet who take over a subway station.