Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
This Week’s Links:
- Do you want to frame your own cross-stitch pieces but aren’t sure how to do it? Here’s a decent tutorial on how to stretch mount your work.
- May have to add this to my Amazon wishlist — The Art of Whimsical Stitching looks fun!
- I love ceramics, so it’s a good thing my husband and I live in a small house with very little storage space because these galaxy mugs are gorgeous!
- OMG, Goodreads FINALLY added the ability to mark books as reread! This is a big deal for those of us who love to read favorite books over and over again.
- Sign of the times — Monopoly will no longer have a thimble game piece.
Loving This Week
A woman in my embroidery guild is relocating and downsizing, so she brought a huge collection of charts and magazines for others to take home. I ended up going home with a major haul! I’m going to have so much fun browsing these this weekend!
Video of the Week
This video features a very rare American sampler from 1685 (!!) that recently appeared on Antiques Roadshow. Enjoy!