Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- Former President George W. Bush has a new book out collecting over 60 portrait paintings of American veterans.
- Artist Gina Adams stitches text from the American Indian Treaties onto antique quilts.
- Embroidery artist Trish Burr has a new digital shop!
- There’s a new video game based on Henry David Thoreau’s Walden which teaches players to value the outdoors.
- Margaret Hubl was a quilter, and her family honored her legacy by displaying all of her quilts at her funeral. Beautiful tribute, and I hope someone does this with my stitching when I go.
Video of the Week
Okay, I had planned on sharing something else, but then I saw this hilarious and yet endearing low-budget advertisement for an animal shelter in Atlanta, GA. “2016 models are compatible with Windows.” Heehee.