Every month I share what books I finished last month and what I’m reading now. I also love to hear what others are reading. Share your own book recommendations in the comments or friend me on Goodreads!
I seem to be reading in cycles. I finished a lot of books in February, but I only managed to complete one book in March.
Finished in March 2017
- Big Mushy Happy Lump by Sarah Andersen. I love the web comic “Sarah’s Scribbles,” so I snatched up this book when I saw it on the New Books shelf at the library. The book did not disappoint.
What I’m Reading Now
I have several books in progress right now. It’s a little ridiculous. I’ve become a “serial starter” this past month. Now I just have to finish them.
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard by Chip and Dan Heath. Still reading this, although taking a bit of a hiatus from it to focus on finishing some of these other books.
- The Greatest of Marlys by Lynda Barry. Also still reading this. I’m halfway through it now. It is the kind of book I need to savor, so I only read it in small doses. Too much Marlys can be dizzying.
- Christianity for the Rest of Us: How the Neighborhood Church Is Transforming the Faith by Diana Butler Bass. This months’s book for my church book club. It is one of the better books we have read this year, although it is not without its faults. But, Bass tells stories well, and it is a fast read.
- As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes. I’m listening to this in audiobook format because not only is it read by Cary Elwes, but director Rob Reiner and co-stars Robin Wright, Wallace Shawn, Christopher Guest, and more also lend their voices to this memoir about the making of the pop-classic film. It’s great fun to listen to.
So, that’s what I’m reading. How about you? Let me know in the comments! I love new recommendations!