Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- Selvedge features a Romanian woman who paints 600-700 eggs a year using traditional Romanian patterns and techniques.
- I really want to try stitching this adorable felt bunny from this Mollie Makes tutorial.
- Yes, young woman are taking up stitching, as this story about the Foul-Mouthed Cross-Stitch group shows.
- Great article in the Chicago Tribune recently about politics and social activism in contemporary quilting.
- Book Riot has a fun list of 100 must-read books with plot twists.
Video of the Week
This Simon’s Cat short was posted just in time for Easter. I love these videos.
Those painted eggs look amazing! and the bunny is soooo cute! Maybe I’ll give it a go too!
I downloaded the bunny template, and it looks doable! 😉
Bunny should be very doable – that’s simple lines and you know how to stitch! I perhaps wouldn’t do it for the first time while drinking tho…
Heh heh :)