Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
I keep typing words here, and I keep deleting them. I’ll just say I’m going through a period of creative block. Hope to regroup, rest, and get back in the groove soon. Here are this week’s links:
- Mr. X Stitch is publishing a cross-stitch book.
- Lisa Congdon is an illustrator I greatly admire. She’s a successful artist who seems to “have it all.” So, I loved reading this post in which she shares how she burned out — big time. Her story helped me realize that burnout happens to everyone, and it’s okay to step back and take care of oneself.
- 8 artists who have designed chapels. I love that they go beyond the obvious–no Sistine Chapel on this list.
- Goodreads recommends 23 books to read this summer.
- Textile Artist profiles 5 artists who use found materials in their artwork.
Video of the Week
Farewell Ringling Bros. circus.