It’s time for another Friday Finds, my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web. TGIF!
Here are this week’s links:
- Brown Paper Bag shares 11 inspiring embroidery artists to follow on Instagram.
- Open Culture shares animator Hayao Miyazaki’s top 50 children’s books. Lots of great classics on the list.
- And, since we’re on the topic, I’m so excited for the Studio Ghibli theme park.
- A Jesuit writes a thoughtful piece about the spiritual themes of Chris Cornell’s music for America Magazine.
- I teared up over this article about 86-year-old Geoffrey Walker and his adorable photos of his wife and him on Instagram. So sweet.
- Electric Literature shares 12 fictional bookstores we wish were real. I would add the bookshop in The Neverending Story.
Video of the Week
I’m currently relieving stress by watching funny cat videos on the internet. This is a current favorite.