It’s time for another Friday Finds, my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- Oh my. Why am I just discovering Google’s Arts & Culture portal? I just lost an hour browsing the online exhibits, including this amazing collection of textiles from India.
- Lovely story in a local Virginia newspaper about needlework artist Joyce Houck. Always nice to see needlework get a mention in traditional media.
- Create Magazine has an interview with artist Kay Healy, who creates fascinating stuffed fabric installations.
- LeVar Burton has a new literary podcast, and Nerdist calls it “Reading Rainbow for adults.” I may have to add it to my podcast rotation.
- The Craftsy blog has some tips for using up scraps of yarn left over from other projects.
- Love these “sketches of summer” by artist Grant Snider. So sweet and simple.
Video of the Week
On the jukebox this week…another classic on my “happy songs” playlist.