I have a happy update on my Julian of Norwich “All Shall Be Well” cross-stitch project for this week’s stitchy update.
I’ve been stitching up a storm at home this past week. I hate to say it, but I kind of have Netflix to thank for that. I’ve become mildly addicted to the TV show Gotham. I don’t watch TV normally, so this show was new to me, and I’ve always had a soft spot for the Batman universe. I’ve been binge-watching season one this past week and stitching my “All Shall Be Well” project.
Here is the first progress photo:
Only one word missing here. I finally made it to the last page of the pattern. Even though the stitching occurred over many sessions, I did not take as many progress photos as I could have. Mostly, because I was so focused on the stitching, and I didn’t want to have to keep unrolling the fabric. This is what my projects look like while I am stitching:
The non-working areas of the fabric are all rolled up and held together with little clips to keep the excess fabric out of the way while I stitch. But, as you can see, I am much farther along on the piece in this photo than in the first photo.
Here it is all unrolled:
Yes! I have finished the main stitching of all of the lettering, and now I am working on the decorative corner. I still need to go back and complete the backstitching on all of the lettering, but I can see the finish line up ahead now on this project. Woo hoo!