It’s time for Friday Finds, my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- I love finding articles about needlework and other crafts in traditional news outlets. The Detroit News has a nice profile of basket weaver Ethel Gill.
- Here’s another example: The Fenland Citizen in the UK reports that Mia Hanson is recreating the Bayeux Tapestry.
- These knitted moths are pretty spectacular.
- This post on Book Riot about combining book collections when moving in with a significant other made me chuckle. Between my husband and I, we have three different editions of The Lord of the Rings because neither of us wants to give up “our” copies.
- DMC is creating a huge library of free embroidery and cross-stitch patterns.
Video of the Week
Another song from my personal “Happy Songs” playlist. Have a great weekend!