Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- The Detroit News interviews Kathy Fenchel who teaches needlepoint at two local shops and shares her passion for the craft.
- The Chicago Tribune talks to Mary Fons about her mom, “sewlebrity” Marianne Fons, and how Mary herself got started quilting.
- Book Riot has a great list of 100 must-read funny novels.
- Want to take a millinery workshop in France? Or learn printing in Finland? Mollie Makes has a round-up of 10 international crafty retreats.
- This would be a fun weekend project — make a case for your smartphone using plastic canvas.
Video of the Week
Kesha is back! And, this song is amazing.
Some of those craft courses look so awesome! And the tutorial to make a phone case with plastic canvas is genius!
Ha, yes! I really want to take a crafty vacation now! And, I agree about the phone case — brilliant use for a plastic canvas project. 😃