Yes, it seemed like this day would never happen. My limited stitching time, due to a busy day job and other commitments, means I feel like I stitch at a glacial pace sometimes. But, I made it. I have completed stitching my “All Shall Be Well” pattern!
It still needs to be washed, ironed, and framed, but the stitching is done. I am very happy with how it turned out.
The pattern is not quite the monster project that it seems, but the finished size is about 11 inches by 11 1/2 inches, so it’s not a small pattern either. But, if you would like to stitch your own Julian of Norwich cross-stitch quotation, you can find “All Shall Be Well” in my Etsy shop, along with my other cross-stitch patterns.
In other news, now that “All Shall Be Well” is completed, I am starting to work in earnest on my embroidery guild challenge project.
I traced and cut out the fabric for the inner lining and the batting for the outer sides. I also traced the shapes of the outer sides onto the needlework fabric. Then I got carried away and started cutting the linen, but fortunately I caught myself before things went too far. I wanted to leave that piece intact to make it easier to stitch on — to have more fabric to grab onto while stitching.
I also started browsing through a book of ribbon embroidery patterns and started tracing some designs to play around with.
Next comes the first hard part which will be diving in and trying some actual stitches with the ribbon. Wish me luck!