Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, art, and book news from around the web.
This week simultaneously dragged on forever and went by super fast. How it that possible? My husband and I have been de-stressing by re-watching the Harry Potter movies. Tonight’s film: Prisoner of Azkaban. It has been at least a couple years since we last watched these movies, and somehow they are even better than I remembered.
Here are this week’s links:
- Create a wreath that celebrates your love of sewing and recycles old notions.
- Jen Kahn creates zipper pouches from old theater scenery backdrops and donates a portion of the profits to help students go see Broadways plays.
- The Craft Industry Alliance visited the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival. I really need to go to this one year.
- In case you haven’t heard: Thread Heaven has ended production. Grab it while you can!
- Ceramicist Heesoo Lee creates beautiful sculptural bowls and vases inspired by the aspen forests of Colorado.
- Lit Hub has a round-up of the most recommended books for this fall, as gathered from dozens of media sources.
Video of the Week
This vintage commercial cracked me up because my sister and I both had these dolls. I think mine was Mandy and my sister had the Jenny doll. But, this brought back memories.