Well, hello there. We made it through another week. The weather has turned cold in Chicago, and I am fighting off a cold that keeps threatening to take over. I’m barely winning, for now. So, let’s stay inside and read stuff on the Internet! 😃😃
Here is my weekly round-up of needlework, art, and book news from around the web:
- Craftsy has a tutorial for a cute candy corn applique project that you still have time to finish before Halloween.
- Mary Corbett shares the art supplies she uses to create her embroidery designs.
- Jordan Nassar creates beautiful cross-stitched works of art based on patterns and colors of traditional Palestinian embroidery.
- Textile artist and weaver Anni Albers has a retrospective show at the Guggenheim Bilbao. You can view some of the works from the exhibit online.
- I love these: “Marathon Runner Creates Illustrated Maps of Running Routes Around the World.”
- Swoon. Book Riot has a list of “100 Must-Read Medieval Historical Fiction Novels.” I will need to live to 200 to read all the books I want to read.
Video of the Week
This song has been stuck in my head all day…